Thursday, February 26, 2015

Review: SKINFOOD Buckwheat Loose Powder #23 Natural Beige

As I was shopping yesterday, I decided to stop by the SKINFOOD store to check out their items. I usually stay away from the store because their prices are about double the online prices, but I thought I'd check it out anyways. Upon recommendation from the sales associate, I picked up the Buckwheat Loose Powder in #23 Natural beige. This powder comes in three other colors:

Lavender, Skin Beige, Transparent, and Natural Beige

I was deciding between the transparent and the natural beige, but opted for the natural beige since transparent powders tend to give flashback in flash photography, yikes.


The packaging is very pretty although a little bulky. The cap is a champagne gold color and the jar is quite sturdy, I won't have to worry about it opening in my bag or shattering if I drop it.



This powder comes with a little puff handy if you are bringing this on the go, but I prefer using a large fluffy brush with loose powders.


Not very finely milled but very soft and lightweight powder.


Buffing it out with the puff but it does not look like it matches my skin tone!


Where to get:

I bought this from the SKINFOOD store, but they are also widely available online for around $7 (I paid $14 for this in the store, yikes!). 

My experience:

Fully buffed out, powder is very soft and spreads easily and evenly. Leaves a satin finish even though the powder particles are not very small. I think this is great as a finishing powder or even just to touch up during the day. I find that it looks too light if I apply a little too much so I always have to be careful about using a light hand with this product (NC25 for reference). It absorbs oil very well and reduces shine after a long day at work.

Conclusion:

Overall, I would recommend this to others. I think this is a product everyone should have and it is quite inexpensive at around $7 for this jar of 23g. It leaves a satin finish and does its job of absorbing oil and eliminating shine. I do believe there are better powders out there, but this does a great job for the price.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

© Veronica's Life and Beauty Diary, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena