Friday, February 27, 2015

Review: Comparison Skinfood Rice Wash Off Mask and Black Sugar Wash Off Mask

I'm sure many of you have already heard about the SKINFOOD Black Sugar and Rice Wash Off Masks, but for those who haven't or can't decide between which on to choose, I have written a detailed comparison between the two products.





How to use: Massage product onto damp face for 1 minute, wait 10-15 minutes before rinsing off. I know a lot of people have misread this as massage for 10-15 minutes, don't do that! That will harm your skin if you massage it in for that long. Also waiting the full 15 minutes after massaging will help you achieve the best results. 

Texture and scent: The texture is quite gritty and coarse. Make sure your face is damp before applying this (best right after you wash your face) because it can feel quite coarse and difficult to spread if your skin is not damp enough. The scent is a medium strength sweet scent, not overpowering but if you are sensitive to scents I would stay away from this product.

The Black Sugar Mask I picked up happened to be a large limited edition size that is only available at SKINFOOD stores. If you could buy the 100g size online I would recommend getting that one first to see if you like the product or not.

Results: This mask left my face extremely smooth and soft. It exfoliated all the small bumps out of my skin and left it feeling baby-soft and refreshed. I recommend doing this once a week, but maybe twice a week if your skin is less sensitive. I have dry flaking around my nose and have no experienced that 4 days after I used this mask. It really helped remove the dead skin that is prone to flaking off.



Up next is the Rice Mask...



How to use: This is the same at the Black Sugar mask! Massage product onto damp face for 1 minute, wait 10-15 minutes before rinsing off. I know a lot of people have misread this as massage for 10-15 minutes, don't do that! That will harm your skin if you massage it in for that long. I find the Rice Mask is very gentle so it's good if you like to massage your face a little longer. Also waiting the full 15 minutes after massaging will help you achieve the best results. 

Texture and scent: The texture is very gentle and soft. Great for sensitive skin. When I have breakouts or if the weather is colder, I opt for this because it is very soft and not too harsh on my skin. The scent is a very mild sweet rice scent.

This mask I purchased online for around $10 USD for a 100g jar

Results: This mask leaves my face feeling very soft and bright. I can see that my face looks a lot healthier after using this product, probably because of the brightening properties of rice. This is good for people who want a skin pick me up, but not if you want some real exfoliation. 



Conclusion: 

If you like an exfoliator that really evens out the texture of your skin and removes dead skin, I recommend the Black Sugar mask. If you want a mask that makes your skin feel soft and look bright, I recommend going for the Rice Mask. Or if you're like me and want a little bit of both.. then get both! These masks are both really great and I find they've really changed up my skincare routine after incorporating them

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comparison. I was just comparing all the skinfood wash off masks, and this was helpful. I guess both are different, for different occasions ;)

    Kbeauty.byMaya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know if the black sugar one cause breakouts because I have very uneven skin texture and hypersensitive and prone to acne...find one or two of the ingredients that cn clog up pores causing breakouts soo would like to know if its okhy for very sensitive skin PS thanks for the comparison really great job

    ReplyDelete

Pages

© Veronica's Life and Beauty Diary, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena