Thursday, March 5, 2015

Review: Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion SPF50+

Hi all! Today I will be reviewing my first cushion, the Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion!
I purchased this item on a whim to try cushion foundations when I was browsing at Sephora. 
I heard that cushion foundations are very popular in Korea right now and that many brands are selling this kind of foundation. Some popular ones include: Hera, IOPE, Verite, Laneige, Etude House, and many many more. 



Although the price point is a little high (60 USD), it comes with a full-sized refill so you are actually getting 2 cushions and one compact.


The packaging is very sturdy and hygienic, I love that there is a plastic cap that separates the cushion puff from the actual foundation.


The sponge looks dark, but don't go by the sponge color to determine the right color for you. It applies a lot lighter than it looks.


Here's the cushion foundation on my arm. The cushion offers light coverage and leaves my skin very dewy looking! It looks like it's almost sparkling here and I only applied a light layer. There are no shimmers or glitters in this foundation. The color I got is 104 tan blush and my skin tone is NC 25.

Positive aspects about this foundation: 
- Uses bamboo sap instead of water
-SPF 50
-Cushion applies very well, looks flawless
-Brightening because of the dewy finish

Negative aspects: 
- Very strong scent, I was very surprised by it when I opened the package
-Light coverage
-High price point

Where to get:
I purchase this item at Sephora, but they are quite easy to get compared to other cushions. Nordstrom, Amazon, eBay, and Neiman Marcus all carry this product. The price is $60 USD.

My experience: 
I have combination skin, with dry flaky areas around my face so I'm always on the search for moisturizing foundations. This cushion foundation is very moisturizing and dewy. It feels very comfortable and light on the skin. I feel that this cushion foundation would be too dewy for those with oily skin. The wear time for this is about 6 hrs. Cushion foundations are made to be touched up throughout the day, so they made them into a compact that is easy to carry. 

Conclusion:
I think this is great for anyone who wants a quick foundation routine and wants to achieve a light, dewy finish. This isn't suitable for anyone who wants a matte or high coverage foundation. Unfortunately the scent is strong, so I can see that it would give a headache to someone that is sensitive to scent. I do find this to be a great cushion foundation though, and will continue using it during the Spring. It feels very light and makes my skin look very youthful and glowy.

Anyways, I hope you all found this helpful, and let me know if you guys want me to review any other foundations, I'm definitely liking this one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

© Veronica's Life and Beauty Diary, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena