Thursday, March 12, 2015

Review: The Face Shop FACE It Oil Cut Pore Balm

Today I will be reviewing The Face Shop's FACE it Oil Cut Pore Balm. This is used as a base to cover pores and even out the skin's surface. This is also known as an "egg cover" product, which means it makes the surface of your skin as smooth as an egg.



The balm comes in a green-blue metallic tin that has a twist off lid


Comes with a puff to apply the balm


Warning! We're getting up close and personal with my face:


Before (bare skin): Visible pores, dry skin lines, shiny skin


After: Blurred and matte skin and covered pores. Pores still visible, but not visible when foundation is applied.

My Experience: 
I feel like this is great to use over a primer to reduce the visibility of pores. I don't feel this replaces a primer because it doesn't lengthen the time of foundation wear or provide any sun protection. I feel this does a great job at covering my pores so my skin looks smooth when I apply foundation. I find this is best when applied where my face tends to get oily: on my T-zone and around my nose. The packaging is very sturdy and it's great that it comes with a puff. I find that applying it with the puff makes the skin more matte than if you were to use your fingers. I would not recommend using a brush with this because the bristles will eat up a lot of the product.

Where to get:
I purchased this item from Jolse Cosmetics, but there are many retailers online that sell this item. The price of this was $10 USD which is very reasonable for this kind of product.

Conclusion:
This item is great at doing exactly what it says it does. It evens out the surface of the skin and covers your pores, it doesn't provide any benefits besides appearance-wise. I would recommend this to anyone who finds that foundation clings to uneven spot on their face or if their face tends to get oily/shiny in certain areas.

Thanks for reading my review, and please let me know if you guys want to see any other reviews! 


1 comments:

  1. Wow, that works really well! I'll have to look for this product!

    ReplyDelete

Pages

© Veronica's Life and Beauty Diary, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena